Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Nomination

I keep hearing about how the blogging community is such a kind and supportive one, and I am slowly paving my way into it.  As I mentioned in my Cara Box reveal post, one of my partners has a blog that's quite popular among the CrossFit crowd.  While Ace and I have very different audiences, it's been fun to get to know one another, and I appreciate her willingness to share her knowledge of blogging.

Ace was recently nominated for the Leibster Award, which is kind of a pay-it-forward type of honor, where baby blogs (baby as in # of followers, not actual children) are recognized and given the chance to get to know other baby bloggers.  In turn, Ace nominated me for a Leibster Award too.  Keep reading for my own nominations...

But first, I'm going to share a little more about myself, per Ace's request.

1. Most embarassing moment?
I've racked my brain and can't think of anything terribly interesting.  Friends, feel free to (gently) remind me of something I'm sure to have blocked from memory...

2. Favorite recipe?
Homemade salsa/guac.  Mmmmmmmm.

3. Item of clothing you feel most confident in and why?
Don't laugh...cute underwear.  Plain, fitted t-shirts (not graphic or printed tees) paired with cardigans.  Honestly, I'm more comfortable when my top is covered up, and I'm really starting to avoid v-necks and some swoop necks.  It's all about modesty and appropriateness.

4. What do you do to relax?
Blog!  Duh.  (Vegging on the couch with DVR and/or the husband is a close second.)

5.  If you could choose anywhere in the world to spend a week, where would it be?
On a cruise ship.  To anywhere, it doesn't matter.

6.  Favorite beer?
Woodchuck, preferably on draft.  Ciders, in general.

7. Least favorite way to sweat?
Just by being outside.  I'm talking about the Louisiana heat where stepping out your front door is enough to produce sweat-filled clothing that could literally be wrung out when twisted like a wash rag.  Movement induced sweat is acceptable...not that shiz.

8. Would you rather:  Have to wear 80s style blazers with shoulder pads every day for the rest of your life OR wear Lady Gaga's meat dress once a week for the rest of your life?
Uh, the blazers, please.

9.  Quote you live by?
Laissez les bon temps rouler!  (I couldn't resist.)

10.  Favorite color and why?
Red.  Does this even need an explanation?  Everything that is awesome in life is red...especially paired with white, black, or gray.

11. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
The sarcastic chick from Two Broke Girls.  Not because we're alike or anything (except for maybe our height/busts)...mostly because I secretly wish I were as quick witted as she is.  P.S.  Alex and I refer to the show as "Two Broke Bitties," or just, "Bitties," for short.  Love that show.


More about the Leibster Award:  The Leibster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  What exactly is a Leibster?  Leibster is German and means favorite or beloved!  The Leibster is a great way to share with the community and get to know other bloggers!

So, my nominations (in alphabetical order).  More than half of those on this list are friends of mine IRL (in real life).  I love following their blogs and want to do what I can to help promote them.  Please check these ladies out (and stay a while, if you like what you see)!

  1. Ashley @ Coffee Happens
  2. Liz @ Gray Area
  3. Jen @ Into Your Will
  4. Janine @ Home Joys & Other Pleasantries
  5. Kristina @ Loving & Living
  6. Molly @ Moments of Clairety
  7. Lauren @ Our Family AdMyers
  8. Christina @ Tales of Life, Love, and Ice Cream
  9. Lendy @ The Dashboard Diaries
  10. Christy @ Traveling Soul

For the nominees, here are the rules:
  • Answer the questions I set for you, then create 11 questions for those you nominate.
  • Choose 11 people to nominate and link them in your post.
  • Notify your nominees.
  • No tag-backs!

The questions:
1. When did you start your blog?
2. Why did you start your blog?
3. What motivates you to continue writing?
4. How many different blogs do you follow?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. Do you have a nickname?
7. What's the last movie you watched?
8. Which sports teams do you cheer for?
9. Item of clothing you feel most confident in and why?
10. Least favorite way to sweat?
11. What do you do to relax?

So what are you waiting for??  Nominees - go, do it!  Everyone else - check out some of the awesome bloggers I nominated!

Have a good one, ya'll!
-Lauren

No comments: