Saturday, April 26, 2014

1,229 Days

The number 1229 is significant for us.  On December 29, 2011, Alex and I spent the day in New Orleans with some of my friends.  It was then we decided that (bearing certain things falling into place), December 29th would be our wedding date.

He was there, I promise!

A year later, we spent the day with friends again...only this time, we were executing that plan - celebrating our wedding day.

Photo by Katie Hoffpauir
Since we dated long distance (across states/time zones) for two years, even the smallest increment of time - a day - was hugely significant for us.  We celebrated many milestones along the way... 500 Days...600 days...you get the idea.  We've been married for almost a year and a half now, so it's been a while since I've given much thought to some of those celebrations.

Needless to say, I was much surprised when Alex made a point of celebrating 12-29 Day.   No, not December 29th (obviously, it's April!)...but 1,229-days-since-we-met Day, better known as April 21, 2014!





We were actually both off of work on Monday, the day after Easter (well I took the day off, but Alex was given the day as a university holiday).  You know you're an adult when you look forward to a day off to get groceries, shop for a new mattress, and top it off with a sushi date for lunch.  ;-)

You can tell by the card that the flowers were a day late...he had them sent to me at work the next day, because he knew I would appreciate them more there.  Everybody just go ahead and say it with me...Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

I married a good 'un!
-Lauren

No comments: