Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Answer Me This!

I have been yearning to join Kendra's "Answer Me This" linkup, but it hasn't ever worked for me...until now.  This week's questions and my schedule finally hit it off, so here we are!


1. What's your favorite room in the house?
Our bedroom.  A little birdy once told me "nothing good happens with a television in the bedroom," and I'd have to say that birdy was indeed a wise one.  We don't have a TV in ours, so the bedroom is a quiet space away from all the distractions of life.  It's probably the only room in the house with photos displayed, which makes for a cozy atmosphere.  I love how I get to leave everything behind and have sweet conversations every night before bed, and wake up to a warm kiss every morning.  It's a "goodnight, I love you"..."good morning, I love you"...kind of space.


2. Do you subscribe to any magazines or other periodicals?
Not actively.  I receive regular publications via mail from the Child Life Council, the Diocese of Shreveport, Louisiana Baptist Children's Home,  and boring stuff like insurance companies.  Fun (unrelated) fact:  I started collecting bulletins from churches I attend.  It's like a scrapbook of places I've traveled - one I hope will become quite thick over the years.  


4 states pictured, though there were many more before I started collecting. 

3. How do you feel about the sign of peace in Mass?  Enriching?  Awkward?  Overdone?  Just right?  Some combination of the above?
Awkward is an understatement.  Who do I turn to first (husband, duh) - left, right, front, back?  Then, GROSS.  What if the person behind me just sneezed?  What if I picked a scab on my arm during the homily?  ...After Mass...Move out the way people, I need my hand sanitizer!

source

4. What is your least favorite sound?
Hands down - ALARM CLOCKS!!  I cannot stand them!!!  How do I wake up, you ask?  My phone alarm is set to vibrate and you can bet the second it goes off I'm pressing the button to silence it.  Don't even get me started on all those times I'm stuck in a room with other people who sleep through their alarms!

source

5. What was your favorite TV show (or shows) growing up?
Full House!!  Mary-Kate and Ashley were my BFFs, of course!  (Okay, wishful thinking.)  Really though, anything on TGIF...Boy Meets World, Saved By the Bell, Step By Step, etc.  Side note:  Have you been watching Girl Meets World?  We have...it's the bomb diggity.  You should check it out.

source
6. What are your favorite TV shows now?
Honestly...pretty much anything on TLC.  I'm a sucker for 19 Kids and Counting, Sister Wives, The Little Couple, Breaking Amish, Four Weddings, and Dance Moms (ok, I know that's on Lifetime but it may as well be on the TLC lineup).  Hate me if you want to, but I have seen all but one of the first season of Orange is the New Black.

source

Together, Alex and I are watching Big Brother, Duck Dynasty, and the never-ending marathon of One Tree Hill (9 seasons takes forever).  We started watching House of Cards but it's on the back-burner until we get through "Trees."  I'm convinced that one day we'll get around to watching L.O.S.T., as well.

...Okay we watch way too much TV...we really need to make some friends (or babies, that works too).

Hey, Jen and Amy...tag - you're it!  Play along and add your post to Kendra's list before the week is out!

Have a great one, folks.
-Lauren

2 comments:

Jen @ Into Your Will said...

I've been behind on blog reading this week and I'm just now seeing this! Oops! The linkup closed last night so maybe next time...

Christy said...

I don't get Disney :(
Very sad I'm missing out on Girl Meets World.

Also, I lost my Netflix access, but I'm more of a FoodNetwork vs TLC kinda girl. Yes, I watch way to much tv also.