Friday, June 6, 2008

Quickie.

This is going to have to be a quick one. Allie and I finally found another internet cafe (after our first one refused to work, and we drove to a few other places searching unsuccessfully...grr.). However, our usage time is up in about 14 minutes, so I shall have to write a more detailed post sometime during my off hours next week.

All I want to say is that, I'm having a great time! Yay.

...I want to be here, and I love it here, and everything is just so good. It's so weird because I still have three weeks here and I'm already sad about leaving. I don't want to leave. The people are great and we're having fun. It will be VERY hard work to care for these kids constantly, in ways I've never had to do before, but I know the experience will be amazing and I am just so thankful for it.

Just to give you a summary, training week was super informative. We learned how to use feeding tubes, diaper/shower/transport children, insert catheters (yes, I'm serious!), AFOs (ankle/foot orthoses), live as a visually impaired person, etc. CANNOT wait to use these super amazingly cool skills!!

Really though, I'll write more later.
Love and miss you all,
Cajun Girl L

3 comments:

Mike Bierschenk said...

Wow, that's crazy times. Sounds great, though -- and those photos from the earlier post are amazing! The facilities look like they're not only well-built and well-designed from a utilitarian standpoint, but also from an aesthetic viewpoint. They're really gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

wow...that's all i can say. you are truly an inspiration. not only do you spent all of your free time helping these children but you truly enjoy doing it. again, wow....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going so well!! Yay! I'm so glad to say I know you!