Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!

Happy Groundhog Day! It wasn't until the other day that I even remembered that today was a "holiday," lol. And, I still had to look online to even see the outcome of this annual event. Apparently our dear friend, Mister Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog, saw his shadow today for the 97th time since 1887; he has only NOT seen his shadow 15 times, according to records. For what it's worth, supposedly winter will last 6 more weeks. Personally, I don't know how much stake I'd put in Mister Phil's prediction, and for that matter, I don't really care. I'm leaving for DC in 5 days, and I'm going to hold out hope that it snows (for real) while I am there. Just because I lived in Boise for 4 months doesn't mean that I had the opportunity to fulfil some of my lifelong desires--like making a real snowman and snow angel. :)

Because I'm so pumped about it, I just want to say that I have officially submitted all five of my graduate school applications. Yay!!! I met my goal of getting it done before DC, and for that I am very relieved and excited.

I have to say that my sleep patterns are very off at the moment. Allie spent the night at my house Friday; we watched August Rush and stayed up until 1 a.m. talking. She helped me with studying for my DC exam...a lot! Allie is great at conjuring up ways to remember strange things. We even have a funny new name for the Bascillica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (pronounced, BISnick, lol). It was a good time, heh.

Saturday, though, we were up super early to volunteer at the parish 4-H Demonstration Day. Poor Allie was only in 4-H for a year or two, and she got roped into one of the craziest Vermilion 4-H days of the year. She did great though, and I hope she at least enjoyed some of it...despite the craziness. ...Who knows, maybe she'll become a 4-H Agent one day. :-p

Also Saturday, I hung out at Nanna's for a while, did some brief shopping for DC stuff in town, and even got to see my Nannie and little Noah. Nanna got him a little bike to ride, so it was fun to see him figure that out. I'm sad that I didn't get to see Ross, Alyssa, or Eric, though, since I know that I won't be seeing them again before the end of May. Bah. I'll just have to send them some postcards or something.

It was probably the longest day I've had since at least Christmas, and I was so worn out that I fell asleep at 9 p.m. that evening during a Hallmark movie. Needless to say, I slept until 10 a.m. the next morning (13 hours!) and even took a nap on Sunday afternoon. With all of that sleep, I wasn't tired at all last night, and therefore, didn't get to bed 'til 5 a.m. Oops. Thankfully, there were a few other insomniacs out there to keep me entertained. ;-)

I suppose I should probably get back to studying DC factoids...time is flying quickly and the test date will be here before i know it. Random notes...It seems as though Wendee (DE) will be joining the rest of the gang (as mentioned in previous posts) at Ag Day on the Hill, so that brings our grand total to about 7 awesome folks visiting the Center during that week. Woot. Also, David (NJ) told me that he decided to visit DC this weekend, so I'll probably be seeing him in only a few days...yay DC!

Wow, this turned out to be longer than I expected...


No comments: