Friday, February 6, 2009

Leaving, on a jet plane...again.

Well, tomorrow's the big day! I had extremely high hopes of getting another decent blog out there before I head off to DC, but after 12 hours of packing today, I'm just not in the mood. My flight leaves Lafayette at 6 a.m., which means that I'm going to leave my house at 4:30 a.m. Eek.

In any case, I'm all packed up (even though I seem to have horrible luck with packing, recently), and am ready to go...in the physical sense, anyways. Thinking back to my travel issues in getting to Boise last fall (see Hurricanes Gustav and Ike), I'm realizing that those "issues" were really blessings in disguse. At the time, I was seriously distraught over the fact that I couldn't get home from Ohio, and ended up not getting to say goodbye to my family before heading to Idaho.

Now, I realize how much harder it would have been to say goodbye only a few months ago. This time, it's hard to part from home (especially after being here for 2 months straight...for the first time in years, literally), but I am also taking with me the knowledge and experience that "time flies," and pretty soon I'll be seeing some pretty cool people up in DC--my mom and brother included. Sure, 4 months is a long time, but it's not an eternity, and I'll be back sooner than I know it. In fact, I'm sure you are all predicting future blogs about how I won't want to leave DC, hehe.

For the record--you know who you are--I didn't complain about having to leave home...and heck, I didn't even complain about the luggage situation (yet, heh). So, I'm getting better already, mkay???

I'm gonna hit the hay now...and will blog about the last few days, as well as my travel and arrival in DC. Can't wait to see how it goes!

"Leaving, on a jet plane..."
-Lauren

No comments: