Thursday, March 26, 2015

Another Inside Look: GBB Vol. 3

I hope you are not totally hating this monthly insider perspective from Mr. Alex, because I am totally loving handing the blog over to him on a regular basis.  It also gives him something fun to do during long bus rides (RE: 15 hours to Boone, NC), and I happen to learn a little more about him each time, as well...


1 // Do you have a good luck charm or ritual (like a lucky coin, or you always used to listen to a certain pump-up song when you played sports in high school?)
I don't really have a charm or a ritual, but being a baseball SID, I will tend to be somewhat superstitious - whether it is wearing a certain shirt, using a lucky pen, or for example at Appalachian State - we lost the first two games, so I sat in a different seat in the press box for the series finale (and we won!!).   

Bubble Pizza at its finest.
2 // What is your favorite dish that your wife makes for you?  Do you have any fun memories of a time when she tried to cook and it totally flopped, or does she get it right every time?  
Well, typically the wife and I cook meals together so it is hard to say a favorite dish that she "makes"...But I am a fan of tortellini; I realize that is a simple meal, but it is really good and I am a fan so that's what we are going with.  The only time I really recall a meal flopping was from early on...back when we first started dating.  We tried to make bubble pizza, however the dough never really cooked, and we had to keep putting it back in the oven until we finally got it somewhat cooked.  It turned out okay, but we never tried it again.  (Funny, I was thinking about that bubble pizza not too long ago...what a disaster.)

3 // What did you want to be when you were growing up? 
Growing up, I wanted to do something banking-related.  I thought the people that worked at the bank got to keep all the money they were given so I figured everyone was really rich and I wanted to have lots of money too!  (Oh the imaginations of children!)

Hey, at least he didn't want to be pipe smoking firefighter...
4 // Which of the five senses is your strongest?
Easy question!  Hearing...just kidding.  Lauren knows that is not the truth.  I have an awful sense of hearing, so that is out.  My eyesight is also terribly poor, so that is out too.  I like food, so let's go with taste...does that count?  

5 // Would you ever run for President of the USA?
No, politicians piss me off and I would likely punch someone on the campaign trail or on Capitol Hill.  So no, not for me.

It's all a facade. ;)
What an interesting conversation!  I had no idea banking was in Alex's future..lol.  Is there a man in your life?  If so, you should totally consider handing over the reigns every once in a while (or month, heh) and linking up with Betsy for lots of fun.  

Until next time.
-Lauren

No comments: