Saturday, October 11, 2014

7 Quick Takes (Vol. 7)



My health.  Lab results are in and...drum roll please...my prolactin levels are well within the normal rage!!!  As I understand it, normal levels are between 1-35 and at 4 weeks on Bromocriptine, my reading was 7.1!!  That's a 10th of where I was before starting the medicine!!!  Can I get a "Woop, woop!?"

...And the bittersweet part of that is having my first "normal" period in...gosh, a really long time!  Now I understand why women complain of aches and pains with their cycle, lol.  It's so strange to have "Aunt Flo" show up on exactly Day 30.  I don't think I've ever experienced that before! Here's to hoping things continue as they should and then maybe.........maybe (God willing) Baby B will be here sometime in 2015?!

Adoption.  Since writing about attending the adoption/foster care seminar, I spoke with a coworker who adopted a child about five years ago.  He and his wife went through a local adoption attorney and raved about that process.  He also made some good points about the difference in working with bio-families that are pursuing adoption voluntarily versus those whose children have been removed involuntarily.  It sounds like the attorney-route may be more suited to our interests, but we shall see.  Again, we're not ready to make any big decisions on this yet.

Friends.  It's been quiet here with Alex in Kentucky for the last 36 hours.  Times like this really make me miss having friends around.  It's kind of sad when we pause and think about how all we have is each other in this town (3.5 hour radius, really).  Sometimes we yearn for interaction with others...with people who just "get" us, and to have excuses for doing something fun every once in a while.  Wherever life takes us next, we are desperately praying for it to feel like home with a true sense of community and love for those around us.

Myself, Victoria, and Dawn - June 2014
In the works.  Life continues to evolve, and in the next few days we will be pursuing the possibility of a new opportunity for us.  I won't say much, but for the time being it involves a little bit of travel, and a great deal of gorging on some delicious food not available where we live.  Please continue to pray for peace and guidance as we look for God's prompting in our lives.

Minneapolis.  In about two weeks, I will be traveling to Minneapolis for a work conference.  With all the health issues I had over the last two months, I wasn't sure if I would be able to make the trip, but things have been better so it looks like everything's a 'go.' Other than having a layover at MSP, I haven't ever spent time in Minnesota, so I am excited for the trip.  Of course, being away from Alex for a week is never pleasant, but I'm counting on my far-away-friend Christy to make it well worth my time! ;-)  I can't wait to share photos when I return!



Peanut gallery?  I tried to be a good little wife by doing laundry and picking up the house while Alex was gone this weekend.  One of his jobs around here is to wash dishes, and I do not envy the boy one bit.  However, I decided to suck it up and scrub the George Foreman plates in an effort to help him out and let's just say I was ready to chunk the whole machine before it was all said and done.  The problem is that I am a germaphobe and hate getting close to raw meat, especially chicken.  Using the GF is the only way Alex likes to cook chicken (especially now that our meat thermometer is broken), but the residue is disgustinggggggggggggg.  So........anyone have suggestions for an alternative?  I'm not above chunking the dadgum machine and buying something new if it will mean less residue and impossible scrubbing efforts.  Lay it on me, folks!

This is the version we have.

Blog.  As promised, my new About page is up and running.  Have you checked it out yet?  (Yeah, I caught a few type-o's, so those will have to be fixed during the major overhaul I'm hoping to do...eventually.)

Ok...Alex will be back in an hour and a half (early, this week!!!), so I've really got to get supper in the oven and finish cleaning up the house!

That's all for now!
-Lauren


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

Rachel George said...

I feel ya on the friends....and, my boss will be at NAE4-HA too! She's presenting a couple of times...