Friday, November 27, 2015

And He's Off! (GBB, Vol. 5)

At the risk of getting too sappy over here, Alex left for a work trip to Hawaii on Wednesday, and today's the last day to join Betsy for her Guys Behind the Blog link-up, so here I am!  Sports are totally Alex's thing (well, work-wise, not so much in the athleticism department), which means he jumped at the chance to answer these questions when they were posted a few weeks ago.  Go ahead, warm your leftovers, sit back and learn more about the wonderful man also known as my husband! 



1. What sports did you participate in as a child? What sports did you watch growing up?
In my early athletic days, I played baseball and soccer. Soccer, was pretty much what you would expect, a mass amoeba of kids that just ran after the ball, I was about the only one that understood my position of defender, so me and the goalkeeper on my team basically just chatted most of the game, it was boring so I only played for one year. Baseball was by far my best sport, I played from tee ball all the way until the end of middle school, so a pretty good little run for 8 or 9 years. I did play football and basketball as well - football in sixth grade and basketball between fourth grade and seventh grade. I still enjoy playing basketball, but at 31, the wide open jumpshot is my best move.

Growing up, I watched baseball, basketball, and football. On Saturday's my dad and I would get a pizza from Dominos and watch whatever the ACC game of the week was on what used to be the Raycom Sports Game of the Week. Basketball was always fun to watch too, especially when I got older and my parents let me stay up late and watch 9 PM Duke-North Carolina games as well as the National Championship. Baseball, my favorite, was more enjoyable in person than on TV, but I went to a lot of Carolina Mudcats games growing up which was fun.


2. If you could line up your ideal Super Bowl, who would be facing off, where would they play and who would you pick to win?
Carolina Panthers playing anyone from the AFC, doesn't matter who, as long as the Panthers win.

3. Do you prefer the summer or winter Olympics? If you could participate in one Olympic sport, what would it be?
Both have events that I like to watch, so I don't have a true favorite as they also have events I care nothing about.

I would like to participate in curling, only if I was the guy that pushes the stone toward the target; the sport seems simple enough, especially since the people with the brooms do all of the work.



4. What is your favorite food to eat at a sports party (ex: World Series, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, etc.)?
Chips and Dip. Put that in front of me and I am good to go.

5. Who is your all time favorite athlete and why?
Gonna go with two players here. It's funny - I am not a New York Yankees fan, never have been, never will be, but two of the classiest players, in my mind that ever played the game played for NYY. Derek Jeter "the Captain" and Mariano Rivera, probably the greatest closer in the history of the game played for NYY, but they are probably my two favorite athletes.


There you have it, a little snippet from the guy behind this blog!  Is there a man in your life?  If so, you should totally consider handing over the reigns every once in a while (or month, heh) and linking up with Betsy for lots of fun.  

Until next time.
-Lauren

No comments: