Wednesday, November 4, 2015

It's Getting Real (Bumpdate, 24+ Weeks)

Bump Update - 11/4/15 
Poor lighting, but 5 days late, I was getting desperate. 
How far along? 24 weeks (Um, ok I'm really more like 24w5d now...you'll forgive me, right?)

Total weight gain:    Ya'll. I can't deal.  Got that lecture I was expecting at my last appointment, and entered operation gain (healthy) weight.  We're now three weeks into the mission, and I'm up something like 5 pounds (from the lowest weigh-in, which is still 2 pounds under pre-pregnancy numbers) already.  I'm really not liking these numbers jumping so quickly... 1-2 pounds a week would make me feel muuuch better.  

Maternity clothes? As much as I can, but that means more pregnancy bottoms and still mostly regular tops.  I can't seem to find maternity tops that are flattering (cue short person with a large bust - I have to be very careful about necklines), so my regular ones are getting a run for their money these days. 

Stretch marks? Um, I guess I am really not paying attention to this.  It's not like I started out twig-sized and am having major body issues as a result.  

Sleep: Mostly restful, if I put aside the leg cramps or hip aches that seem to be pretty regular visitors in the overnight hours.  I wish sleeping on the back was allowed because I really think it would help with those aches.  Oh and, I am super excited about the time change allowing me to wake up with some sunlight (not so much for sunset happening around the time I get home from work, though.)

Best moment this week: We inherited some baby gear and hand-me-down maternity clothing, yea!!! Also, both Alex and I were able to cuddle with one of my best friends' 6-week-old and that was just fannntastic.  It makes me ready for February, stat!

Miss anything? Sleeping comfortably, waking with energy (!), having a decent wardrobe rotation.  

Food cravings: Nope.  I don't think is going to happen so I should probably just take it off the list.  

Anything making you queasy or sick?  When "the women" were here a few weeks ago, my Nanna accidentally knocked a glass bottle with lavender fragrance off the dryer, which shattered on the floor in our laundry room.  Eradicating the odor (which is NOT pleasant in such concentrated amounts) has been impossible and ughhh it's rough.  We have to keep the laundry room door closed and try to air out the door that opens into the garage as much as possible.  The smell is especially foul (for me) in the morning.  

Gender: I'm really thinking (hoping?) it's a boy.  Alex likes to be difficult and insist on it being a girl.  Our moms also think it's a girl, but I would really like to prove them wrong on this.  Plus, my two closest friends with kids have a combined five sons (and no daughters, yet), so I don't want to feel left out!  

Labor signs: Thankfully, it's still much to early for this.  However, I'm told we've made it to the age of viability and so I'm feeling more peaceful about the little one making it ex-utero.  :) 

Symptoms: Maybe a little more clumsy, but nothing super extraordinary here.  Still having occasional headaches.  Just like the water thing in my first-trimester (struggled to increase the liquid intake until a sudden "thirst" switch went off and then all was good), my hunger meter has kicked in so the snacks are more frequent these days.  

Belly button in or out? It's in but it's certainly flattening.  I don't know if I'll ever end up with an outie, though. 

Wedding rings on or off: On.  We've had lots of rain as of recent, so the humidity seems to be contributing to slight swelling around my ring finger, but it's still super slippery when I wash my hands, so I will attribute those changes to the weather and not pregnancy. 

Happy or moody most of the time: I will say that my patience tolerance is null at this point.  When something goes wrong, it's all over.  And little things going wrong feel like earth shattering things, so we can all imagine how big things going wrong feel at this point...

Looking forward to:  Nothing much interesting coming up here.  Am I allowed to say that I'm looking forward to baby coming so I can get time off of work?  ...Because that's about all (aside from actually having a cuddly, delicious baby) that sounds heavenly right about now.  

Hows Dad doing? "Very unsure about how he feels regarding toys that make noise."  (A reference to the baby gear we hauled home this weekend. lol.)
Oct. 18th - 22w2d
Once again, thanks for your patience in waiting a few extra days for this, thanks to...life?  lol. 
-Lauren

You might also enjoy:
A First (Bumpdate, 16 Weeks)
Halfway, Baby (Bumpdate, 20 Weeks)
It's Getting Real (Bumpdate, 24+ Weeks)
Hello, 3rd Trimester!  (Bumpdate, 28+ Weeks)
Ready to Open Our Gift! (Bumpdate, 32 Weeks)
Is it Time Yet?  (Bumpdate, 36+ Weeks)

P.S.  I know for some this type of post can be uncomfortable, difficult, or just plain painful.  Please know that we recognize this and pray for those of you who may struggle with infertility (any variation thereof) and/or infant loss.  Our hearts go out to families affected by these struggles each and every day. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ah that bump looks so good on you!!
and I know my permission counts for absolutely nothing, but I say, sleep how ever you can sleep! Back, front, side... your body will tell you if its not helping, and sleep in muy importante! also, maybe Chiropractor for the hip? or prenatal massage because, heck why not!
and Dad is SO right about toys with noise.. avoid if at all possible!! And... one more thing we can complain to each other about... busty girls problems with shopping for shirts... aint no fun there!! and just wait for nursing... sorry but it kinda sucks in that regard... but BABY!! so cute!! dont worry

The Siberian American said...

You look so cute with your bump! I laughed at the toys that make noise comment!

Jen said...

Love the update! I want to see the bump in person :) and assuming all goes well on my end (prayers please!!), we should be finding out the gender around the same time! So fun

Sheena said...

Cute Lauren!