Thursday, May 22, 2008

oh. em. gee.

208-381-2222
May 22 Thu, 11:07 a.m.

"Hello?"
-"Hi, is this Lauren?"
"Yes."
-"Hi this is (so-and-so) from St. Luke's in Boise."
"Hi, how are you?"
-"Good; I'm calling to say that we'd like to offer you the internship here at our hospital."

...OH EM GEEEEEEEEEE!!! BOISEE???

--

AH!!! I RECEIVED MY (FIRST) INTERNSHIP OFFER TODAY!!!!! AHHH!

Wow. Let's just say I did not expect to receive that phone call today! In fact, I was literally shaking so much that I didn't know what to say or do! I somehow managed to ask when I needed to accept or decline their offer and if I needed to know anything else. She said, as soon as possible (within a week) and they'd send me the packet of information as soon as I accepted (if I chose to do so).

There are plenty of "pros," as well as a few "cons" to Boise, but, what can ya do? ...Mom says that I need to talk it out with people I trust, so that's what I plan on doing. If I decide to accept the offer, I'll probably call them tomorrow...I still have to figure out what to do about the Ohio situation...

Um, so...decisions?
Yeah, I'll figure that out...soon enough...

Tune in soon!
Lauren

No comments: