Saturday, January 11, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 2)


I know it's Saturday, not Friday, but you'll forgive me, right?  It's been a busy week (more about that later), so I didn't get a chance to put this together until now.  However, I have been thinking about my "takes" all week, so I think it counts anyway.

It was back to the grind for all of America on Monday, and just like everyone else, I felt rusty as all get out.  A good bit of fighting was necessary to get my brain back in gear this week after a two week hiatus from the real world.  Ick.

As far as work is concerned, I think I have decided to dub January as "hell month."  I am out of the office working at regional events for essentially half of the month, while trying to plan and prepare for kicking off a busy Spring season.  In fact, I'll be working late three nights this week, and for the next two Saturdays in a row.

Looking on the bright side, it's officially Carnival (Mardi Gras) Season!  I can't wait to hit up Rouse's on my visit to south Louisiana in Februray.  King Cakes are calling my name!!!


Did everyone survive the arctic okay?  I definitely experienced the coldest temperatures of my life this week, and I bet many of you did as well.  For some reason, I had a "bright idea" to go jogging in 38 degree temperatures (this was after finally making it above freezing).  Don't think I'll be doing that again.  Later in the week, though, I convinced myself that if I could jog in freezing weather, then I could handle a little bit of rain too.  Who am I and what have I done with the real Lauren??

We are trying to do better at eating fresh fruits and vegetables, and I can tell a difference in how I feel after just a few days.  It just annoys me how fresh food doesn't keep very long, so we have to shop more frequently.  Also, fresh food is so freaking expensive!  No wonder people with lower income levels find it difficult to maintain healthy lifestyles.


But...our weakness for peanut butter sandwiches still reigns supreme for weekday lunches.  We may or may not have been a little too excited when it went on sale at the Dollar Store this week.  In fact, we bought out their supply (all 4 jars that were left, lol)!

--- 7 ---
Thanks to a couple of coupons, we enjoyed two free Red Box rentals this week.  Unfortunately, we probably missed half of We're the Millers due to scratches on the disc (anyone want to lend us a copy?).  I was, however, pleasantly surprised with The Internship, as I expected it to be pretty raunchy and it wasn't at all.  There were some fun references to Harry Potter and a few popular apps, so I would especially recommend it to all millennials out there.


That's all for now, hope ya'll had a great week!
-Lauren

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I hate how often I have to shop for produce and yes its freaking expensive. It is hard and since the majority of my food intake is fresh fruits and veggies I just have to remind myself I cant afford to buy new clo5 if I put weight back on. And dude if I saw PB at that price Id buy a bunch too.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for eating fresh even though yeah it is more work and a little more expensive, its worth it!!!