Saturday, January 18, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 3)

Another Saturday version of 7QTF for you, but after a week as crazy as this one, I'm happy to be posting anything at this point.  


So yeah, it was a crazy week.  I worked three 12-hour days, with some regular hours (including Saturday) thrown in.  Needless to say, I am exhausted.  Thankfully Monday is MLK Day, so we do get a day of rest, but working Saturday means the extra day isn't so "extra" after all.


But hey, I did finally get around to purchasing a 2014 planner and boy was it needed!  With this month as crazy as it is, I need all the help I can get.  (Yes, this is from Target.  No, I did not use a credit card.)


Last Saturday, we attended a wedding for one of Alex's co-workers.  Believe it or not, this was actually the first wedding Alex and I ever attended together - except our own, obviously.  The wedding was held in a Catholic church (actually, one we have attended several times), which is always entertaining in a region with Catholics as the minority.  The confusion is generally priceless, lol.  Though a bit awkward at first, we had a fabulous time at the reception and rolled into the garage at the ripe 'ole hour of 12:30 a.m.  Party animals, we were.


I spent the week working in West Monroe at Ag Alley and Expo, which is basically and educational fair and trade show for agriculture products and services.  During the week, 1st and 4th grade school groups rotated through our educational exhibits, and the event opened to the public on Friday and Saturday.  Instead of hopping around, I decided to sign up for one exhibit area and stick with it for the week.  My week in the 4-H mini farm was quite a learning experience, and I really had a lot of fun.  It may take a while for me to be interested in eating chicken again, though.


For all those Duck Dynasty fans out there, you might be interested to hear that one of Jep's daughters came through our exhibit with her class on Thursday.  I didn't actually notice her at first, but when I asked what school the group was from, I saw her in the crowd as I began giving the class instructions on how to behave around the animals.  It was kind of fun to think I was standing a few feet away from a "celebrity," though if you didn't recognize her, you wouldn't have known any different.  The kids treated her just like everyone else, and she sure didn't seem to expect any extra attention either.  I tried to get a picture of her, but my discrete efforts didn't produce anything worthwhile, and I also don't feel great about "exploiting" a child in her natural habitat.  Instead, I am including a photo I found online (she's second from left on the bottom row) for reference.

source

Know anyone looking to buy a 2004 Ford Explorer?  We haven't gotten any calls on Alex's vehicle since we bought the new one, and it would be really nice to drop the insurance on a third vehicle.  E-mail me for details.


Does anyone out there watch ABC's Nashville?  We are regular watchers, though usually we let it record and then catch up a day or two later because it's often difficult for me to keep my eyes open for a 1-hour show that starts at 9 p.m.  (Go ahead, call me a grandma.)  Anyway, RASCAL FLATTS (!!) will be making an appearance on next week's episode, and I can't wait!!!  I hear Zac Brown may also have a cameo, but I can't confirm that since I sort of went a little crazy the second I saw my guys on the screen.

source


Thanks for being patient with me (as always) as I try to do better at regular posts.  I'm hoping to get at least one post out this week, but it's going to be another crazy one.  Be good, everybody!

-Lauren



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments: