Thursday, February 12, 2015

TBT: Our Honeymoon Cruise

In an effort to dig my way out of this rut, I'm going to feed Amy's request for stories about my adventures, starting with a recap of our honeymoon cruise.  Apparently winters are tough for me around these parts, because I went a whole seven months without blogging (Oct-May) before/after our wedding.  By the time I returned, there wasn't time or space to hash out the details of our adventure.

What:  
7-day cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest


Where:  
Departing from New Orleans, Louisiana
with ports of call in Isla Roatan, Honduras; Belize Citiy, Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico 


When:  
December 30, 2012 - January 6, 2013


Highlights:
- 7 days in a row...alone, together!
- Our balcony.  I'd cruised twice before, but never with a private balcony.
- Ringing in the new year with 3,000 of our closest friends (ha).
- Alex won $100 in a "claw-like" machine thingy.
- Splurging via our onboard wedding registry.
(Definite WIN.  Bet ya didn't know those were available.)
- Food.  All.the.food.All.the.time.
- FREE room service!
- Excursions.
(Zip-lining in Honduras, hiking the Mayan ruins in Belize, and taking a salsa-making class in Mexico)


Lowlights:
- Being sick (both of us, at different times) on vacation.
- Fights with shady tour guides. (Ask Alex about that one day.)
- Did I mention being sick?
- Oh and, returning to real life, moving, and starting a new job a week later...


Next time:
- New ports!
- Someday, Alaska.
- Friends...everything is more fun with friends!


Yeah, so I'm pretty much convinced cruising is THE way to do vacation.  Who's in for the next one?

-Lauren

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ooh, me me me! We should totally go on one! It really is the best vacation. Now what I'm wondering is how it would be with 2 small children…(maybe you don't want us to go with you then LOL)

Christy said...

So catching up on your blog...and pick me! pick me!